Academic / job titles
Associate Dean, Professor
E-mail : email@example.com Office : 86-27-68754439(O)
Fax : 86-27-68754439
Homepage : http://sim.whu.edu.cn/index.php/index-view-aid-212.html
Room 513, School of Information Management
• Information retrieval
• Information literacy
• Information organization
• Digital library
• Digital preservation
• Open access
• Information Retrieval（Undergraduate）
• Advances in Information Retrieval（Graduate）
• Hot Topics in Information Retrieval（Ph. D. Candidate）
1. Ruhua Huang, Baiyang Li. The Demand Analysis and Quality Feedback on MOOC of the Course Information Retrieval from Users’ Perspective. Library, 2015(7):26-29.
2. Ruhua Huang, Yuqi Zhong. Designing Contents of the MOOC Information Retrieval. Library Work in Colleges and Universities, 2015(1):3-7.
3. Ruhua Huang, Cuifang Ji. Characteristics of Education in Data Management at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Library & Information, 2014(6):70-78.
4. Ruhua Huang, Cuifang Ji. Characteristics and Enlightenment of Information Retrieval Courses for Graduates in America. Information Science. 2014,32(6):78-88.
5. Ruhua Huang, Chunyan Qiu. Management Strategies of Long-term Preservation Metadata for Digital Information Resources. Journal of Information Resources Management, 2014(6):58-64.
6. Ruhua Huang, Chunyan Qiu. Metadata Management of Dryad Repository. Library Journal, 2014,133(1):68-73.
7. Ruhua Huang, Bin Wang, Zhifeng Zhou. A Study on Countermeasures for Promoting Scientific Data Sharing in China. Library, 2014(3):7-13.
8. Ruhua Huang, Chunyan Qiu. Characteristics of Services for Children and Young Adults in American Public Libraries. Journal of Library Science in China, 2013; 39(4):48-58.
9. Ruhua Huang, Chunyan Qiu. Review of Research of the Scientific Data Sharing in Foreign Countries. Information and Documentation Services, 2013(4):24-30.
10. Ruhua Huang, Yulin Yang. WorldCat’s Innovation in Information Organization. Library & Information, 2012(5):1-6.
11. Ruhua Huang, Xiaobo Su. Development of Information Organization in Social Network Environment. Library Tribune, 2011;31(6):190-198,13.
12. Ruhua Huang, Linlin Song. Research on the Subjects of Library Assessment, Journal of Library Science in China, 2010;36(3):34-44.
13. Ruhua Huang, Linlin Song. Application of Balanced Scorecard in Library Management and Evaluation. The 2010 International Conference on Management and Service Science, Aug 2010, Wuhan, China.
14. Ruhua Huang .Information Retrieval (2nd ed).Wuhan: Wuhan University Press, 2010.
15. Ruhua Huang, Guiyu Liu. Metadata Management of Open Access Resources in Language and Literature. 2009 IEEE International Symposium on IT in Medicine & Education. Oct 2009, Jinan, China.
16. Ruhua Huang, Jing Zhang. Survey and Analysis of Open Access of Elsevier Journals. Journal of Library Science in China, 2009;36(3):35-42,95.
17. Ruhua Huang et al. Retrieval and Usage of English Reference Sources. Beijing: China Ocean Press, 2009.
PROJECTS (RESEARCH GRANTS)
• 2014-2015, Open access to Scientific Data, China Scholarship Council(CSC), RMB 50,000
• 2014-2015, Theories and Methods of Digital Preservation, funded by Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China(ISTIC), RMB 400,000
• 2010-2014, Innovating Theories and Methods of Information Organization in Social Network, funded by National Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Sciences (NPOPSS), China, Project code: 10BTQ023, RMB 120,000
• 2007-2012, Library Administration in the Digital Age, Key Program of Key Research Institute in Humanities and Social Sciences, funded by the Ministry of Education (MOE) of P. R. China, Project code: 07JJD870221, RMB 200,000
• 2007-2011, e-Science Oriented Open Access to Digital Information Resources, funded by the Ministry of Education (MOE) , China, Project code: NCET-07-209, RMB 200,000.
• 2003-2006, Optimizing Models of Networked Information Organization, funded by National Planning Office of Philosophy and Social Sciences (NPOPSS), China, Project code: 03BTQ021, RMB 90,000
AWARDS AND HONORS
• 2014, Outstanding Teacher, Chinese American Library Association (CALA)
• 2014, Excellent ‘Quality Education’ Course for Undergraduates, China Association of Higher Education
• 2014, The 7th National Higher Education Teaching Achievement Award, First Prize(the fourth author)
• 2013, National Excellent Sharing Course, Ministry of Education (MOE), P. R. China
• 2013, National Excellent Course, MOE , P. R. China
• 2005, Excellent Teacher, Wuhan University
• 2003, Excellent Dissertation, Hubei Province
• 2003, Excellent Dissertation, Wuhan University
• 2015.3.- 2015.5 Senior Visiting Fellow, University of California, Berkeley
• 2012.10.- present Associate Dean, School of Information Management, WHU, China
• 2012.7 Annual Conference, International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA), Helsinki，Finland
• 2001.9.-2012.9 Deputy Director, Department of Library Science, School of Information Management, WHU, China
• 2005.9.- present Professor, School of Information Management, WHU, China
• 2002.9.-2005.8. Associate Professor, School of Information Management, WHU, China
• 1999.9. - 2000.9. Visiting Scholar, University of Pittsburgh, U.S.A.
• 1996.9.-2001.8. Instructor, School of Information Management, WHU, China
• 1990.7.-1996.8. Assistant, School of Information Management, WHU, China
• Consultant, UNESCO Information for All Programme (IFAP)
• Member, International Society of Knowledge Organization (ISKO)
• Peer Reviewer, International Information and Library Review(IILR）
• Deputy Director, Department of Education and Training, Library Society of China (LSC)
• Deputy Director, Library Society of Hubei Province